Post date: Dec 28, 2011 2:20:58 AM
Regular Meeting of the Pleasant Valley Recreation Association
Pleasant Valley Pool
- Present: Tom Dill, Mike Graham, Scott Miller, Jackie Staggs, Angela Merino, Mary Ann Cox, Niki Pierson
- Absent: All Board members were present.
- Quorum Present:Yes
Other Members: Kim Kost, Becky Anderson, Dan Bluntzer
The meeting was called to order at 7:45pm.
The Board assigned its members to roles as follows:
- Tom Dill, President - Motion presented by Miller, seconded by Graham and voted in favor unanimously
- Niki Pierson, Vice-President - Motion presented by Dill, seconded by Miller and voted in favor unanimously
- Mike Graham, Operations - Motion presented by Dill, seconded by Miller and voted in favor unanimously
- Angela Merino, Treasurer - Motion presented by Miller, seconded by Dill and voted in favor unanimously
- Mary Ann Cox, Membership - Motion presented by Dill, seconded by Miller and voted in favor unanimously
- Jackie Staggs, Secretary - Motion presented by Dill, seconded by Miller and voted in favor unanimously
- Scott Miller, Neighborhood Engagements - Motion presented by Dill, seconded by Pierson and voted in favor unanimously
The Board discussed access to Board resources such as the Google Site, Facebook and PVRA email addresses.
The Board unanimously decided to keep Board meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm.
Graham distributed keys to all new Board members.
The Board discussed the Fairfax County Neighborhood Enhancement Partnership Program Grant due on October 31. Through the Google Site, the Board will collect its ideas for the grant. Continued discussion will occur via e-mail and at the October Board meeting.
The Board began discussion of the just-ended season. While generally positive, areas for improvement exist. The Board will ask Steve Graham of Clear Blue Pools to attend the October Board meeting, review the season with the Board and discuss desired changes for the upcoming season.
Merino presented the Treasurer report. Cash on hand as of August 2011 is approximately $21,000. Projected end of year balance is $6,000. Large, outstanding charges include water, insurance and electricity.
The Board discussed the need to better prioritize short term improvement projects and reoccurring capital expenses. Through the Google Site, the Board will collect those items as well as solicit assistance from Steve Graham on capital projects at the October Board meeting.
The Board discussed off-season activities for its members. Current plans include a camp-out and movie night tentatively scheduled for 11/12.
The Board discussed when to hold the Annual Meeting. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for 10/30/11 adjacent to PVRA's Fall Fling in an effort to draw more member attendance. Miller will discuss the timing with PVNC.
Dill presented a motion to allow PVNC to hold its Fall Fling at the pool parking lot on October 30, 2011. The motion was seconded by Miller and passed unanimously.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.